You can make an appointment with me by telephoning or texting me on 07815 097473; by using the online diary via the book now button on the top right-hand corner of this page; or through my facebook page ‘Rachel Edney Acupuncture’.
There may be fewer appointment times available at the moment. I am reserving my first appointment of the day for older people and those considered higher risk of Covid-19 infection requiring an urgent appointment.
When you make an appointment you will be asked to let me know if you:
- Have had a fever in the last 7 days
- Have now, or have you recently had, a persistent dry cough (coughing a lot for more than an hour, 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours or worsening of a pre-existing cough)
- Have been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 or has coronavirus-type symptoms
- Have any other symptoms that may mean you have a Covid-19 infection (loss of taste and smell, unusual fatigue or shortness of breath)
- Have been told to stay home, self-isolate or self-quarantine (if you are considered extremely vulnerable – the full list is published here).
If any of the above happens before your acupuncture appointment then please contact me and we can reschedule at the next possible date. There are no cancellation charges for appointments at this time. Please be aware that I too may need to cancel an appointment or offer you a treatment with another acupuncturist at short notice.
When you come for an appointment you will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Consent Form. You can print this off at home and bring it with you or I have copies in the clinic.
Our guidelines require that you please wear a face covering when you come for acupuncture. This can be a cloth mask or scarf and I have disposable masks in the clinic if you don’t have one with you. When you attend an appointment you are welcome to bring any blankets, towels or cushions from home to make yourself comfortable during your treatment. I will provide a pillow in every case.
Please read Covid-19: What to expect when you come for acupuncture before your appointment.
While I will make every effort to reduce close contact and will ensure that the practice is Covid-19 secure, acupuncture treatment may involve touch and close physical proximity over an extended period of time, there may be an elevated risk of disease transmission, including Covid-19.